The Chartered Governance Institute of Canada, The Institute representing leaders in the practice of good governance, announces the appointment of its 2021-2022 Board of Directors. These positions took effect as of June 2, 2021.
Ingrid Stefancic Assumes Role of President; Kim Chua and Christina Swan join the Executive Committee.
The full slate of Officers for 2021-22 includes:
• President, Member at Large – Ingrid Stefancic, FCG, Acc.Dir.
• Vice President, ON Rep – Robin Dunn, FCG, Acc.Dir.
• Vice President, AB Rep – Kim Chua, FCG, P.Adm., Acc.Dir.
• Treasurer, QC Rep – Jean W. Jeannot, FCG, P.Adm.
• Secretary, Member at Large – Christina Swan, FCG, Acc.Dir
Departing from the Executive Committee as of June 2, 2021, are Wisdom Ncube (President) and Shauna Mason (Treasurer). CGIC would like to thank Wisdom and Shauna for their hard work and dedication over the past two years.
Suzanne Barrett, Robin Dunn, and Jean W Jeannot were re-elected to the 2021-22 Board of Directors. Directors serve three-year terms, in this case, commencing June 2, 2021, until the close of the 2024 AGM or until such an earlier time as their successors shall have been duly appointed.
The slate of Directors for 2021-22 includes:
• Director, ON Rep – Suzanne Barrett, FCG, P.Adm., Acc.Dir.
• Director, Member at Large – Wisdom Ncube, FCG, Acc.Dir.
• Director, Member at Large – Shauna Mason, FCG
• Director, ON Rep – Dan Shepherdson, FCG, P.Adm., Acc.Dir.
• Director, BC Rep – Richard Thomas, FCG, P.Adm., Acc.Dir.
There are two vacant seats on the CGIC National Board of Directors held for Branch representatives appointed from British Columbia and Bermuda. If you are a member in good standing and are interested in volunteering on the National Board, one of its standing committees, or one of its Branch Councils, please contact the National Office for more information.
About The Chartered Governance Institute of Canada
Chartered Secretaries and Chartered Governance Professionals are the primary sources of trusted advice to boards of directors and leaders in the practice of good governance. The Chartered Governance Institute of Canada (CGIC) is the only global qualifying organization in Canada that grants Chartered status to professionals like you, and is committed to empowering, strengthening, and advancing your status. CGIC’s designations are your passport to the world, and our International Qualifying Program will set you apart. Join us and be part of a truly global network.
Executive Director / The Chartered Governance Institute of Canada