The Chartered Governance Institute Notice of Annual General Meeting
Thursday, October 21, 2021 | virtual event via AGM@Convene portal
BC: 12 am PST; AB: 1 am MST; ON/QC 3 am EST; Bermuda 4 am AST
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 2021 Annual General Meeting of The Chartered Governance Institute (the Institute) will be held virtually at 08:00 hrs. British Summer Time (BST) on Thursday, 21 October 2021 to transact the following business:
- To receive and consider the report of the Council on the business of the Institute for the year ended 30 June 2021 as set out in Appendix A to this notice.
- To receive comprehensive financial statements of the Institute for the year ended 30 June 2021 as set out in Appendix B to this notice.
By order of the Council of the Institute.
Cynthia Mora Spencer ACG
23 September 2021
Notes not forming part of the resolutions:
- Members of the Institute will be able to participate in the virtual AGM, appoint a proxy in advance or vote during the meeting. You can access to the AGM@Convene portal here.
- In order to be passed, resolutions 1 and 2 require a simple majority of the members voting (virtually or by proxy) on a poll taken in such a manner as the person chairing the meeting directs.
- A member entitled to participate and vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote on their behalf. A proxy must be a member of the Institute who is entitled to vote.
How to participate/join the meeting
As a result of continuing travel restrictions, and to provide the opportunity for members from all Divisions to attend, the Institute’s Council has decided that this year’s AGM will be held as a virtual event via the AGM@Convene portal.
This virtual meeting will give you the opportunity to participate online, using your smartphone, tablet or computer. To do this you will need to visit the Institute’s meeting set up on the AGM@Convene portal that you can access here.
From there, you will be able to register your account, appoint a proxy, ask questions prior to the meeting and view a live webcast of the meeting.
If you prefer to receive a printable copy of the proxy form, or a hard copy of any of the documents, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 20 7612 7002. Please be aware that to be valid, all completed proxy forms must be received by the Secretary by 08.00 hrs (BST) on Tuesday, 19 October 2021. After this time, you will not be able to appoint a proxy and, if you wish to vote on the resolutions, must join the virtual meeting.
For more information about how to join access the meeting site, appoint a proxy and/or ask questions before the live AGM, please go to our website and click on the link titled ‘AGM Virtual Meeting Guide’.